The 9 Semi-Finalists have today been announced at the 2019 Joseph Joachim International Chamber Music Competition – in Weimar, Germany.
The 9 Semi-Finalists are:
- The Saint-Petersburg Trio (Russia)
- The Marmen Quartet (Great Britain)
- The Arcon Trio (Germany)
- The Cheng Quartet (Netherlands)
- The Helios Trio (France)
- The Barbican Quartet (Great Britain)
- The Lassus Have Gone One Round Quartet (Switzerland)
- The Tree Quartet (South Korea)
- The Cosmos Quartet (Spain)
Open to international string trios, string quartets, piano trios and piano quartets comprising all members 40 years and younger, the 1st prize winner will receive €10,000 – plus a number of important orchestral and festival performance opportunities.
The 2019 jury comprises: Anne-Kathrin Lindig (Chair), Lukas Hagen, Erich Krüger, Alberto Miodini, Hariolf Schlichtig, Arnau Tomás, and Susan Tomes.