Today, the 2020/2021 George Enescu International Violin Competition, in Bucharest, Romania, announced its 17 2nd round candidates.
The 2020/2021 George Enescu International Violin Competition 2nd round candidates are:
- Hans Christian Aavik (Estonia)
- Takamori Arai (Japan)
- Justina Auskelyte (Lithuania)
- Maria-Alexandra Bobeico (Romania)
- Gennaro Cardaropoli (Italy)
- Ho-Hsuan Feng (Taiwan)
- Elvin Hoxha Ganiyev (Turkey/Azerbaijan)
- Nakyung Kang (South Korea)
- Jeewon Kim (South Korea)
- Karolina Nowotczyńska (Poland)
- Tassilo Probst (Germany)
- Tomotaka Seki (Japan)
- Valentin Șerban (Romania)
- Alican Süner (Turkey)
- Mayu Tokuda (Japan)
- Ayaka Uchio (Japan)
- Jaewon Wee (South Korea)
Open to international violinists 32 years of age or younger, the 1st prize winner will be awarded €15,000 ($17,900).
The opening two rounds were hosted online, due to the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020 violin jury comprises: Dmitry Sitkovetsky, Remus Azoiţei, Koichiro Harada, Silvia Marcovici, Mihaela Martin, Igor Petrushevski, Eduard Schmieder and Krzysztof Wegrzyn.