The 24 duos candidates have today been announced at the 2016 Boulder International Chamber Music Competition - to be held in Boulder, Colorado - from November 3rd to 6th, 2016.
- William Shaub (U.S.A.) & Robin Giesbrecht (Bulgaria/Germany) - violin/piano
- Cristian Battaglioli (Italy) & Marco Rinaudo (Italy) - saxophone/piano
- Christopher Tun Andersen (Norway) & Zhen Chen (China) - violin/piano
- Ismar Gomes (United States) & Wan-Chi Su (Taiwan) - cello/piano
- Miles Jaques (U.S.A.) & John Wilson (U.S.A.) - clarinet/piano
- Antonio Hallongren (Sweden) & Ava Nazar (Iran) - cello/piano
- Inez Popko (Poland) & Nadejda Tzanova (Bulgaria) - flute/piano
- Emmanuel Vukovich (Canada) & Ji Yung Lee (South Korea) - violin/piano
- Julian Schwarz (U.S.A.) & Marika Bournaki (Canada) - cello/piano
- Brendan Shea (U.S.A.) & Yerin Kim (South Korea) - violin/piano
- Tonimarie Marchioni (U.S.A.) & Jacob Coleman (U.S.A.) - oboe/piano
- Dominik Manz (Germany) & Goun Kim (South Korea) - cello/piano
- Hiroka Matsumoto (Japan) & Gaku Sugibayashi (Japan) - violin/piano
- Michael Brook (U.S.A.) & Joseph Piontek (U.S.A.) - viola/piano
- Michiko Theurer (U.S.A.) & Rose Lachman (U.S.A.) - violin/piano
- Eric Anderson (U.S.A.) & Yevgeny Yontov (Israel) - clarinet/piano
- Hyun Jung Kim (South Korea) & Claire-Chung Lim (South Korea) - violin/piano
- Carina Canonico (Canada) & Daniel Anastasio (U.S.A.) - clarinet/piano
- Meredith Kufchak (U.S.A.) & Xin Zhao (China) - viola/piano
- Tomoki Park (South Korea) & Yezu Woo (South Korea) - violin/piano
- Coleman Itzkoff (U.S.A.) & Alin Melik-Adamyan (Armenia) - cello/piano
- Eun Ji Oh (South Korea) & Min Young Kang (South Korea) - flute/piano
- Maximilian Strutynski (Germany) & Tobias Jackl (Germany) - clarinet/piano
- Christopher Luther (U.S.A.) & Yuying Su (Taiwan) - viola/piano
This year's competition is open to pianists plus any other duo instrumentalists - of any nationality, aged between 18 and 35.
This year’s jury comprises: Martin Beaver, Ian Hobson and Richie Hawley.
The 1st prize winners will receive US $15,000 - plus a number of local performance opportunities.