The 20 candidates have today been announced for the 2019 Carl Nielsen International Chamber Music Competition – to be held in Copenhagen, Denmark from the 15th to the 19th of October, 2019.
The Opening Round String Quartets are:
- Balourdet String Quartet (United States)
- Gyldfeldt Quartett (Germany)
- Kleio Quartet (England)
- Lorne String Quartet (Canada)
- NOVO Quartet (Denmark)
- Quatuor Elmire (France)
- Quatuor Mona (France)
- Selini Quartet (Austria)
- Simply Quartet (Austria)
- The Julius Quartet (United States)
The Opening Round Wind Quintets are:
- Auris Ensemble (Austria)
- Barialro Quintet (Switzerland)
- Dandelion Quintett (Germany)
- Ensemble Ouranos (France)
- Pacific Quintet (Germany)
- Quinteto O'Globo (Spain)
- Quintette Promenade (France)
- Gunst Quintett (Germany)
- Valborg Quintet (Sweden)
- V Coloris (Denmark)
Open to ensembles of all nationalities under the age of 35, the first prize in each category will receive €15,000 ($17,000 USD).
The 2019 string quartet jury will comprise: Günter Pichler (Chairman), Asbjørn Nørgaard, Gunvor Sihm, Bjørg Lewis and David Geber.
The 2019 wind quintet jury will comprise: Bjørn Carl Nielsen, Ole Kristian Dahl,Ulla Miilmann, Michael Hasel and Andreas Sundén.