The 17 Semi-Finalists have been announced at the 2018 Fritz Kreisler International Violin Competition – in Vienna, Austria.
The 2018 Semi-Finalists are:
- Haruna Sugiyama (24, Japan)
- Takatoshi Sugiyama (20, Japan)
- Paolo Tagliamento (21, Italy)
- Natsumi Tsuboi (25, Japan)
- Jaewon Wee (18, South Korea)
- Rino Yoshimoto (15, Japan)
- Ribon Aida (28, Japan)
- Milan Al-Ashhab (25, Czech Republic)
- Clémence de Forceville (27, France)
- Michael Germer (16, Denmark)
- Alice Lee (18, Canada)
- Paul Kropfitsch (18, Austria)
- Luka Ljubas (22, Japan)
- Michiru Matsuyama (27, Japan)
- Chiril Maximov (28, Moldova/Spain)
- Daichi Nakamura (28, Japan)
- Soo-Hyun Park (28, South Korea)
Open to violinists of any nationality aged 29 years or younger who are ready to embark on an international career, the 2018 1st prize winner will receive USD $13,000, a solo performance invitation with the Vienna Philharmonic – plus a number of important concert engagements and CD recording opportunities.
Previous major prize winners include: VC Artists William Hagen, Emmanuel Tjeknavorian, Nikita Boriso-Glebsky and Sergey Khachatryan
The 2018 jury comprises: Xiang Chen, Roland Daugareil, Erich Gruenberg, Clemens Hellsberg, Joseph Kim, Yair Kless, Sergey Kravchenko, Machie Oguri, Jan Pospichal, Dora Schwarzberg, Ulf Wallin and Laurie Smukler.