The opening-round candidates have been announced for the 2018 il Piccolo Violino Magico International Competition – to be held in San Vito al Tagliamento, Italy from the 4th to the 8th of July.
The 2018 opening-round candidates are:
- Esme Arias-Kim (United States)
- Benedetta Fiechter (Italy)
- Marie Veronica Helling (Germany)
- Aleksandra Khmara (Ukraine)
- Kento Kuroiwa (Japan)
- Bohdan Luts (Ukraine)
- Daria Manza (Russia)
- Matteo Morbidelli (Italy)
- Natsuho Murata (Japan)
- Stefania Pospekhina (Russia)
- Yassen Stamenov (Bulgaria)
- Pauline van der Rest (Belgium)
- Barbara Ana Roinishvili (Georgia)
- Naz Irem Turkmen (Turkey)
- Shihan Wang (China)
- Hironori Yamaguchi (Japan)
Open to international violinists aged 9 to 13 years old, the 1st prize winner will receive €5000 – and a number of international performance opportunities.
The 2018 jury will comprise: Pavel Vernikov (President), Viera Fischer, Susanne Gessner, Ruta Lipinaityte, Corrado Bolsi, Sergej Krylov, and Vilmos Szabadi.