Across Europe, orchestras have demonstrated their solidarity with the people of Ukraine by performing the country's national anthem "Ще не вмерла України" (Ukraine Has Not Yet Perished). The initiative was organized by Amsterdam's Concertgebouworkest, who have stitched the different clips together into one track. The video recording, which shows each individual orchestra in their own concert hall, demonstrates the sheer magnitude of musicians who stand behind Ukraine.
Among the conductors involved was Semyon Bychkov, who is one of a number of Russian conductors to denounce Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
The concert halls, orchestras, and conductors involved are as follows:
- Het Concertgebouw in Amsterdam, Concertgebouworkest, Santtu-Matias Rouvali
- Wiener Konzerthaus in Wenen, Slowakische Philharmonie, Pablo Mielgo
- Philharmonie de Paris, Orchestre de Paris, Marin Alsop
- Musikverein in Wenen, Czech Philharmony, Semyon Bychkov
- Konserthuset Stockholm, Musici van de RSPO Orchestra Academy, Petter Sundkvist
- Birmingham Symphony Hall, City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- Sage Gateshead, Royal Northern Sinfonia
- Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Domingo Hindoyan
- Elbphilharmonie Hamburg, NDR Elbphilharmonie Orchester, Cristian Măcelaru
- Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra concert hall in Katowice, Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra, Gilbert Varga
- L'Auditori in Barcelona, Orquestra Sinfónica de Barcelona i Nacional de Cataluya (OBc), Kazushi Ono
- Auditorium-Orchestre national de Lyon, Orchestre national de Lyon, Christian Reif
You can view the video below: