The 24 Semi-Finalists, have just minutes ago, been announced at the 2015 Queen Elisabeth International Violin Competition – including 4 VC ‘Young Artists’.
This year’s Semi-Finalists are:
- VC ‘Young Artist’ Stephen Waarts from United States/Holland
- VC ‘Young Artist’ William Hagen from the United States
- VC ‘Young Artist’ Suyeon Kang from Australia
- VC ‘Young Artist’ Tobias Feldmann from Germany
- William Ching‐Yi Wei from Taiwan
- Ji Yoon Lee from South Korea
- Brendan Shea the United States
- Thomas Reif from Germany
- Matsuyama Michiru from Japan
- Ji Won Song from South Korea
- Fumika Mohri from Japan
- Kenneth Renshaw from the United States
- Solenne Païdassi from France
- Rosanne Philippens from Holland
- Bomsori Kim from South Korea
- Vladyslava Luchenko from the Ukraine
- Oleksii Semenenko from the Ukraine
- Ji Young Lim from South Korea
- Wang Xiao from China
- Yang Yoon from South Korea
- Wong Momo from Japan/United States
- Elly Suh from the United States
- George Tudorache from Romania
- Kristi Gjezi from France
For the Semi-Final round, each candidate will present a 40 minute recital, including Ysaye’s 4th Solo Sonata and this year’s set work ‘Recitativo’ by Baltakas Vykintas – plus a Mozart Violin Concerto, performed with the Orchestre Royal de Chambre de Wallonie.
12 finalists will progress to the Final round – to be held from 25th-30th May.
Widely respected as one of the most prestigious and coveted classical music accolades, the 1st prize winner will receive 25,000 Euro (USD$31,000), a CD recording, a number of international concert engagements and the 3 year use of the ‘Huggins’ Stradivarius – on generous loan from the Nippon Music Foundation.
Live webstreaming of the Semi Final and Final rounds will be available.
You won’t miss a beat!