Semifinalists Announced at America's 2021 Klein International String Competition
The final round of this year's competition will stream live on The Violin Channel on June 5-6, 2021
The Irving M. Klein International String Competition, in San Francisco, California, announced its nine semifinalists:
- Violist Keoni Bolding (23, United States)
- Violinist Ria Honda (20, Japan)
- Violinist Grace Huh (18, United States)
- Violist Yuchen Lu (22, China)
- Violinist Bobby Park (15, South Korea)
- Violinist Serin Park (17, United States)
- Violinist Sory Park (21, South Korea)
- Cellist William Tan (16, United States)
- Cellist Dylan Wu (17, United States)
All rounds will be recorded virtually and streamed on The Violin Channel.
VC Artist Tessa Lark is this year’s mentor and co-hosts with Klein Artistic Director Mitchell Sardou Klein.
The 2021 jury includes Charles Castleman, Glenn Dicterow, Karen Dreyfus, Daniel Stewart, Ian Swensen, Barbara Day Turner, and Sakari Dixon Vanderveer.
The grand prize, valued at $13,000, includes cash and performances with the Peninsula and Santa Cruz Symphonies, Gualala Arts Chamber Series, among others.
Previous major prize winners include Vadim Gluzman, Alban Gerhardt, Jennifer Koh, Mark Kosower, Jennifer Frautschi, Francesca dePasquale, Oliver Herbert, Frank Huang, Robert deMaine, and VC Artist Tessa Lark.