The 12 Semi-Finalists have been announced at the 2018 Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition, in Shanghai, China – including VC Young Artist Nancy Zhou.
The 2018 Semi-Finalists are:
- VC Young Artist Nancy Zhou (25, United States)
- Diana Tishchenko (28, Ukraine)
- Alex Zhou (17, United States)
- Arsenis Selalmazidis (28, Greece)
- Chang Yuan Ting (18, Canada)
- Olga Šroubková (25, Czech Republic)
- Quanshuai Li (27, China)
- Jiayi Chen (22, China)
- Sophia Su (17, United States)
- Yige Chen (18, China)
- Yurina Arai (24, Japan)
- Yun Tang (26, China)
Open to violinists of any nationality, aged between 16 and 32, the 2018 1st prize winner will receive US $100,000.
The 2018 jury comprises: David Stern, Vera Tsu Weiling, Zakhar Bron, Martin Campbell-White, Glenn Dicterow, Augustin Dumay, Daniel Heifetz, Emmanuel Hondré, Sreten Krstic, Weigang Li, Siqing Lu, Dora Schwartzberg, Philip Setzer, Maxim Vengerov and Lina Yu.