The Category Finalists have today been announced at the 2019 Spohr International Violin Competition – in Weimar, Germany.
The 14-Years-and-Under Category Finalists are:
- Mona Endo (Japan)
- Emiri Kakiuchi (Japan)
- Fiona Khuong-Huu (United States)
- Raphael Nussbaumer (Switzerland)
- Maya Wichert (Germany)
The 15-to-17-Years-Old Category Finalists are:
- Emil Hartikainen (Finland)
- Haewon Lim (South Korea)
- Wojciech Niedziółka (Poland)
- Anatol Toth (Switzerland)
- Pauline van der Rest (Belgium)
The 18-to-20-Years-Old Category Finalists are:
- Phoenix Avalon (United States)
- Lorenz Karls (Austria)
- Taichi Miyamoto (Japan)
- Tassilo Probst (Germany)
- Louisa Staples (Great Britain)
Open to international violinists under the age of 20, the 1st prize winner in the Senior Category will receive €3,500.
The 2019 jury comprises: Friedemann Eichhorn (Chairman), Remus Azoitei, Boris Garlitsky, Eszter Haffner, Latica Honda-Rosenberg, Svetlana Makarova, Axel Strauss, Zohrab Tadevosyan, Kathrin ten Hagen and Yamei Yu.
As the competition’s official international broadcast partner, The Violin Channel will be streaming the Semi-Final and Final rounds – live from Weimar.