The 10 Stage 2 Semi-Finalists have today been announced at the 2019 Thomas & Evon Cooper International Violin Competition – in Oberlin, Ohio, United States.
The 10 Stage 2 Semi-Finalists are:
- Claire Arias-Kim (17, United States)
- Isabella Brown (16, United States)
- Eric Charles Chen (18, United States)
- Yiyang Hou (14, China)
- Yixuan Jiang (14, China)
- Joanne Lin (16, Taiwan)
- Enrique Rodrigues (17, United States)
- Shihan Wang (14, China)
- Alexandra Woroniecka (17, United States)
- Jin Yucheng (17, China)
Open to international violinists aged 13 to 18 years old, the 1st prize winner will receive US $20,000 – plus a full four-year scholarship to Oberlin Conservatory.
The 2019 jury comprises: Gregory Fulkerson (Chairman), Sibbi Bernhardsson, Radu Blidar, Yi Huang, Marilyn McDonald, Naoko Tanaka and Almita Vamos.
Former 1st prize winners include: VC Young Artist Sirena Huang and Johan Dalene.