There will be three different sessions across the weekend for beginner, intermediate, and advanced school-age string players, all delivered live on Zoom.
Beginner Strings (pre-Grade 1 – 3): Saturday January 16th, 1 – 4:30pm
- Explore a brand-new piece of music by Joelle Broad whilst resetting technique at the start of the year.
- Participants will work both together and separately in individual sections finishing with a full play along.
Intermediate Strings (approx. Grade 3 – 5): Sunday January 17th, 1 – 4:30pm
- Discover the Dance (3rd movement) from Holst’s Brook Green Suite.
- Participants will work both together and separately in individual sections with a chance to reset technique, enjoy storytelling through music making together and finishing with a full play along.
Advanced Strings (GRADE 6+): Saturday January 16th, 1 – 5:00pm and Sunday January 17th, 1 – 4:30pm
- Explore the 1st movement of Elgar’s Serenade for Strings.
- Across the two days, participants will have the opportunity to work both together and in individual sections looking at ensemble skills, the structure and story of the piece, harmony, interpretation, and healthy playing, as well as the technical details within each instrumental part.
In addition, the organization will offer "Mini Virtual Sessions," from January to March. These will be short, focused workshops designed to provide in depth and detailed exploration on a wide variety of topics. They will concentrate on technique, physicality and wellbeing, and personal and professional development for students and teachers.
Find out more information here: https://bit.ly/3onal95