The opening round ensembles have been announced for the 2019 Trondheim International Chamber Music Competition – to be held in Trondheim, Norway from the 23rd to the 27th of September.
The 2019 opening-round candidates are:
- Arto Piano Trio (Poland)
- Beacon Street Trio (United States)
- Mithras Trio (Moldova/United Kingdom)
- Trio Consonance (Japan/France)
- Trio Hèlios (France)
- Trio Incendio (Czech Republic)
- Trio Le Beau (Germany/Spain)
- Trio Opal (Japan/Germany/Taiwan)
- Trio Pantoum (France)
Open to international piano trios with members between the ages of 16 and 35, the 1st prize winning ensemble will receive €15,000 – plus a number of festival engagements.
The 2019 jury will comprise: Lambert Orkis (Chair), Sharon Bezaly, Thomas Hoppe, François Kieffer, Sølve Sigerland, Tanja Tetzlaff and Marianne Thorsen.