2020 YOUNG CONCERT ARTISTS INTERNATIONAL AUDITIONS
LIVE FROM MERKIN CONCERT HALL – IN NEW YORK CITY
SUNDAY 8TH NOVEMBER 2020
- 10.05am Pianist Kasey Shao (17, United States)
- 10.35am Cellist Leland Ko (22, Canada/United States)
- 11.05am Flutist Devan Jaquez (25, United States)
- 11.35am Violist Natalie Loughran (22, United States)
- 12.05pm Bass-baritone William Socolof (24, United States)
- 01.40pm Harpist Abigail Kent (25, United States)
- 02.10pm Pianist Umi Garrett (20, United States)
- 02.40pm Cellist John-Henry Crawford (27, United States)
- 03.10pm Pianist Zhu Wang (23, China)
- 03.34pm Mezzo-soprano Megan Moore (30, United States)
Open to international instrumentalists aged 16 and 30, the 2020 winners will join the Young Concert Artists roster, granting access to a minimum of 3 years management services, career engagements, publicity, career guidance and coveted recital debuts.
Founded in 1961 by Susan Wadsworth, The Young Concert Artists International Auditions differ from a competition, as there are no rankings, and any number of winners can be selected – with each candidate competing against a standard of excellence, not each other.
The 2020 jury comprises: Daniel Kellogg, Alessio Bax, J'Nai Bridges, Eugene Drucker, Wolfram Koessel, Tara Helen O'Connor, Rossen Milanov, Orli Shaham, Weston Sprott, Michael Stern, Howard Watkins and Susan Wadsworth.
Previous recipients include: Pinchas Zukerman, Ida Kavafian, Chee-Yun, Emanuel Ax, Murray Perahia and Anne Akiko Meyers – and VC Artists Paul Huang, Benjamin Beilman, Ray Chen, Stephen Warts, Zlatomir Fung, Edgar Moreau, Xavier Foley, SooBeen Lee and Risa Hokamura.
This year's 1st prize winners will be announced at the 2020 Winner's Concert, on Monday 9th November.