We're coming to you from the Consulate General of Japan in New York for a special “Summer Song from Japan" concert presented by Charlotte White's Salon De Virtuosi.
This concert features violinist Miray Ito with pianist Lora Tchekoratova, and 2020 Salon De Virtuosi career grant winner, Zac Zinger, performing the shakuhachi with pianist Martha Kato. The program features works by Richard Strauss and Nigel Hess, plus traditional Japanese and jazz tunes on shakuhachi.
Salon de Virtuosi has been supporting outstanding young musicians at the early stages of their careers since 1989, with generous career grants and performance opportunities.
Among the artists presented in its earlier years include Gil Shaham, Lang Lang, Philippe Quint, Pablo Sainz Villegas, Conrad Tao — and VC Artists Josef Spacek, Paul Huang, Zlatomir Fung, Nathan Meltzer, and Yesong Sophie Lee.
WEDNESDAY JULY 6 | 7:30 PM (ET)
SALON DE VIRTUOSI PRESENTS SUMMER SONG FROM JAPAN
CONSULATE GENERAL OF JAPAN | NEW YORK CITY
Miray Ito (Violin) | Lora Tchekoratova (Piano)
- R. Strauss | Violin Sonata in E-flat Major, Op. 18
- 1. Allegro, ma non troppo
- 2. Improvisation: Andante cantabile
- 3. Finale: Andante – Allegro
- Nigel Hess | Ladies in Lavender
Zac Zinger (Shakuhachi) | Martha Kato (Piano)
- Traditional | Hanagasa Ondo (arr. Zac Zinger)
- Zac Zinger | Uguisu Takes Flight
- Traditional | Shika No Tone (arr. Zac Zinger)
- Zac Zinger | An American in Tokyo