Watch the 2020 Sphinx Competition Senior Final – direct Detroit, Michigan, United States.
2020 SPHINX COMPETITION SENIOR FINAL
LIVE FROM ORCHESTRA HALL AT THE MAX M. AND MARJORIE S. FISHER MUSIC CENTER – IN DETROIT
7.30PM | SATURDAY 8TH FEBRUARY, 2020
CONDUCTOR RODERICK COX | SPHINX SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
- Jordan Bak (25, Viola)
- Bartok Violin Concerto (2nd & 3rd Mvts)
- Aaron Olguin (25, Double Bass)
- Andres Martin Double Bass Concerto No. 1 (3rd Mvt)
- Gabriel Martins (21, Cello)
- Elgar Cello Concerto in E Minor (4th Mvt)
Hosted every year, the competition is open to American Black and Latino classical string soloists between the ages of 18 and 31 – with the 2020 Senior 1st prize winner to receive US $50,000 plus a number of prestigious solo engagements.
The 2020 jury comprises: Beverly Kane Baker, Lena Fankhauser, Pamela Frank, Bella Hristova, Charlotte Lee, Melissa Kraut and Tito Muñoz.