The 13 candidates progressing to the Semi-Final Stage of the 2016 Wieniawski International Violin Competition, in Poznań, Poland, have today been announced – including VC Young Artists Richard Lin and Bomsori Kim.
The 2016 Semi-Finalists are:
- VC Young Artist Richard Lin (25, Taiwan/USA)
- VC Young Artist Bomsori Kim (26, South Korea)
- Hanna Asieieva (29, Ukraine)
- Amelia Maszońska (23, Poland)
- Arsenis Selalmazidis (26, Russia/Greece)
- Celina Kotz (22, Poland)
- Ryosuke Suho (21, Japan)
- Veriko Tchumburidze (20, Georgia/Turkey)
- Luke Hsu (26, USA)
- Robert Laguniak (19, Poland)
- Amalia Hall (27, New Zealand)
- Maria Włoszczowska (25, Poland)
- Seiji Okamoto (22, Japan)
For the 3rd stage of the competition, each candidate will present the 1st movement of a Mozart Violin Concerto, the 1st movement of Mozart’s 'Sinfonia Concertante in E-Flat Major' and one movement from any J.S Bach solo sonata or partita.
Open to violinists of any nationality, born between 1986 and 2000, the 1st prize winner will receive €30,000 (US $33,000).
Full playbacks of all rounds, available at: http://bit.ly/2dZsGHm
This year’s jury, comprises: Krzysztof Penderecki (Honorary Chairman), Maxim Vengerov (Chair), Vera Tsu Wei-Ling, Mayumi Seiler, Marios Papadopoulos, Konstanty Andrzej Kulka, Robert Kabara, Ilya Gringolts, Bartosz Bryla, Zakhar Bron, Alena Baeva, Kyoko Takezawa, Dong-Suk Kang, Akiko Tatsumi and Peter Zazofsky.
Previous prize winners include luminaries Ginette Neveu, David Oistrakh, Henry Temianka, Boris Goldstein, Ida Haendel, and Igor Oistrakh.
The Violin Channel, as this year’s official competition media partner will be providing live rolling coverage direct backstage from all venues. You won’t miss a beat.