Win 1 of 5 Signed Copies of VC Artist Tessa Lark's New Album: "The Stradgrass Sessions"
In this album, the American violinist performs bluegrass and folk inspired repertoire on a fine Italian instrument from the 17th century
This week, The Violin Channel is giving away five personally autographed copies of VC Artist Tessa Lark's new album, "The Stradgrass Sessions."
Recorded with mandolin player Sierra Hull, double bass player Edgar Meyer, fiddler Michael Cleveland, and pianist John Batiste, Tessa Lark's newest release features a diversity of bluegrass pieces and folk-inspired pieces. On the recording, Lark performs on a Giovanni Paolo Maggini c. 1600, on a generous loan from an anonymous donor through the Stradivari Society of Chicago.
The album includes original compositions from Tessa Lark, duos with musicians cited above, Ysaÿe's Sonata for solo violin in G major, Op. 27 No. 5, excerpts from Bartók's 44 Duos for Two Violins, BB 104, Sz. 98 — and the premiere recording of John Corigliano's STOMP which was composed for the 2011 International Tchaikovsky Competition.
"The Stradgrass Sessions is a snapshot of the way I live in music: diversely, organically, intimately, sometimes collaboratively, sometimes solitarily, always sincerely – and anywhere, be it a concert hall or home studio," Tessa Lark told The Violin Channel. "The word ‘Stradgrass’ first came about in 2015, from the novelty of performing bluegrass on the Stradivari I was playing at the time. Hearing bluegrass played on a Strad is unusual, unfortunately, so I thought it warranted its own term. The word seems to encapsulate what one might partly expect from a recital of mine."
"For any recording of mine, I hope to simply bring a moment of presence to anyone’s day as they listen. With Stradgrass I also hope it will inspire music lovers to check out other musical styles, cultures, and artists they may not have previously known; and I hope musicians and performers might feel more encouraged to go for whatever artistic exploration they’ve been considering - be it composing for the first time, trying a new style, experimenting with a new collaboration or medium. I hope that all artists out there trying to pave new paths know they are not alone."
Entries close on Sunday, August 27, 2023.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is: Feed Media Pty Ltd Trading as The Violin Channel LLC.
2. Employees of The Violin Channel or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. The closing date for entry will be 11:59 PM August 27, 2023 (New York Time). After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. All incomplete entries will be disregarded and not eligible for entry.
7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. Winners will be chosen at random using randomization software.
11. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
12. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Violin Channel LLC and not to any other party.