The 19 opening round Quarter Finalists have been announced for the 2020 Elmar Oliveira International Violin Competition – to be held at Lynn Conservatory in Boca Raton, Florida from the 14th to the 26th of January 2020.
The 2020 Quarter Finalists are:
- Jacqueline Audas (24, United States)
- Zachary Brandon (21, United States)
- Jung Min Choi (25, Korea)
- Brian Kwan Yeung Choi (25, Hong Kong)
- Cristian Grajner de Sa (25, United Kingdom)
- Igor Khukhua (27, Russia)
- Jeein Kim (24, Korea)
- Minchae Kim (25, Korea)
- Haerim Oh (20, Korea)
- Ashley Jeehyun Park (23, United States)
- Julian Rhee (19, United States)
- Vikram Francesco Sedona (19, Italy)
- Alexandra Alvarado Switala (26, United States)
- Daniel Temnik (25, Israel/Canada)
- Boyang Wang (29, China)
- Thompson Wang (20, United States/Taiwan)
- Angela Wee (22, United States)
- Katherine Woo (21, United States)
- Christine Wu (24, United States)
Open to candidates of any nationality, aged between 16 and 32, the 1st prize winner will receive US $30,000, significant career development, publicity and management support – plus a number of important performance opportunities.
The 2020 jury will comprise: David Cerone (Chairman), Andrés Cárdenes, Ilya Kaler, Sung-Ju Lee, Silvia Marcovici, Mihaela Martin, Gerardo Ribeiro, Barry Shiffman and Kathleen Winkler.
The Violin Channel, as the competition’s official broadcast partner, will be providing streaming coverage direct from Boca Raton.
You won’t miss a beat.