We’re coming to you from The Town Hall, in New York City, this evening for the Walter W. Naumburg Foundation and The Town Hall's “Celebration of 50 Years of Chamber Music” Gala Spectacular Concert.
Recorded on October 8 last month, tonight's incredible program includes performances by Naumburg Award-winning ensembles and artists including the American, Brentano, Pacifica, Telegraph, and Emerson String Quartets, Eighth Blackbird, pianist Anton Nel and clarinetist Charlie Neidich.
“It was a groundbreaking idea to promote chamber music in the United States in 1971, and the Naumburg Chamber Music Award quickly became the standard-bearer of excellence in the chamber music world — and we are extremely proud of our winners,” Naumburg Foundation President Nicholas Mann told The Violin Channel.
"This landmark concert features an exciting group of performers — plus a sampling of extraordinary chamber music repertoire. What more could we ask for in one evening?" Former American String Quartet veteran and Vice President of the Naumburg Foundation David Geber recently told The Violin Channel.
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 3 | 7:00 PM (ET)
NAUMBURG FOUNDATION & THE TOWN HALL PRESENTS: "CELEBRATING OF 50 YEARS OF CHAMBER MUSIC"
THE TOWN HALL - NEW YORK CITY
Brentano String Quartet
- Haydn | String Quartet in F minor Op. 20 No. 5
- Prokofiev | String Quartet No, 2 in F Major Op. 92 | Allegro
American String Quartet & Anton Nel
- Brahms | Quintet in F minor Op. 34 | Scherzo: Andante, Finale: Poco sostenuto – Allegro non troppo-Presto, non troppo
Eighth Blackbird & Dawn Upshaw
- Holly Harrison | Lobster Tales and Turtle Soup
- Tom Albert | Thirteen Ways, VIII: Steady, Rhythmic
- Gustav Santaolalla | Suéltate las Cintas (Arr. Duvall)
Telegraph Quartet & Charles Neidich
- Mozart | Clarinet Quintet in A Major, K.581 | Larghetto, Allegretto con variazioni
Emerson String Quartet
- Bartók | String Quartet No. 3