Win 1 of 5 Signed Copies of VC Young Artist Christian Li's New Album: "Discovering Mendelssohn"
Released on Decca Classics, the album includes Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto in E minor and selections from “Songs Without Words”
“Discovering Mendelssohn,” is VC Young Artist Christian Li’s second album release on Decca Classics. In 2021, he topped the UK Classical Charts with his debut release, from which he became the youngest artist to record Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons.
His new album features “On Wings of Song,” from Mendelssohn’s 6 Songs Op.34. In this piece, Christian performs with the harp for the first time, alongside musicians of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (MSO) in a new arrangement for violin and chamber ensemble.
The centerpiece of the album is Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto in E minor, which was recorded with the MSO with conductor Sir Andrew Davis.
“I wanted to try and follow what is in the score,” Christian said, referring to the cadenza in the first movement of the concerto. “I also tried to create mysterious atmospheres, experimenting with dynamic and contour and pacing, to make it sound interesting and more like an improvisation.”
Other works include a new arrangement for violin and piano of Mendelssohn’s Rondo Capriccioso, Op. 14, plus two works from Songs Without Words, Op.62. — “Spring Song” and “Venetian Gondola Song,” in which Christian performs with Chinese guitarist Xuefei Yang in a new arrangement.
Additionally on the album, Christian performs Mozart’s Violin Sonata No. 21 in E Minor, Bach’s Serenade and Erbarme dich by J.S. Bach, and Schubert’s Serenade, D 957 No. 4.
An excerpt of Christian recording Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto in E minor with the MSO can be viewed below.
Entries close on Sunday, October 29, 2023.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is: Feed Media Pty Ltd Trading as The Violin Channel LLC.
2. Employees of The Violin Channel or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. The closing date for entry will be 11:59 PM October 29, 2023 (New York Time). After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. All incomplete entries will be disregarded and not eligible for entry.
7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. Winners will be chosen at random using randomization software.
11. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
12. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Violin Channel LLC and not to any other party.