The 4 senior and 7 junior finalists have been announced at the 2018 Yankelevich International Violin Competition – in Omsk, Russia.
The 4 senior finalists are:
- VC Rising Star María Dueñas (15, Spain)
- Fedor Beznosikov (24, Russia)
- Wakui Eimi (25, Japan)
- Yun Tang (25, China)
The 7 junior finalists are:
- Varvara Agayeva (13, Russia)
- Amina Akhmetzhanova (10,Russia)
- Wong Pui Ying (13, Russia)
- Sofia Kazakova (14, Russia)
- Daria Manza (13, Russia)
- Elizaveta Novikova (15, Russia)
- Stefania Pospekhina (10, Russia)
The senior 1st prize winner will receive a fine violin by Italian instrument maker Eugenio Degani – valued at 2,485,000 rubles (US $39,000).
The junior 1st prize winner will receive 50,000 rubles (US $800).
Previous 1st prize winners include VC Young Artists Sergei Dogadin and Fedor Rudin.
The jury comprises Vladimir Spivakov, Pierre Amoyal, Elisabetta Garetti, Sergei Dogadin, Boris Kuschnir and Aleksandr Mualev.