The 2021 Fischoff National Chamber Music Competition announced its finalists:
Senior String Division
- Risus Quartet (Seoul, South Korea)
- The Galvin Cello Quartet (Evanston, Illinois, United States)
- Rucheri Trio (New Taipei City, Taiwan)
- Trio Rai (Boston, Massachusetts, United States)
Junior String Division
- Aveta Trio (Burlingame, California, United States)
- Lumiére Quartet (Cleveland, Ohio, United States)
- Chasqui Quartet (Bethesda, Maryland, United States)
Senior Wind Division
- Soma Quartet (Bloomington, Indiana, United States)
- Aero Quartet (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States)
- Eros Quartet (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States)
Junior Wind Division
- Quid Nunc Saxophone Quartet (San Antonio, Texas, United States)
- Aurelian Quartet (Carrollton, Texas, United States)
- Carmesí Quartet (Wolfforth, Texas, United States)
Since its founding in 1973, more than 7,400 musicians have participated in the annual competition, including former Grand Prize recipients VC Artists Calidore Quartet, Ulysses, and the Dover Quartet.
The 2021 Senior String Jury comprises Julio Elizalde, Liz Freivogel, Michael Kannen, and Rachel Barton Pine.
The 2021 Junior String Jury comprises Pamela Highbaugh Aloni, James Howsmon, and Karen Kim.
The 2021 Senior Wind Jury comprises Valerie Coleman, Louis Hanzlik, Chien-Kwan Lin, and Gail Williams.
The 2021 Junior Wind Jury comprises Peter Ellefson, Kari Landry, and Zachary Shemon.
Regarded as the United States’ largest chamber music competition, the Grand Prize-winning ensemble will receive USD $13,500 — plus a number of important domestic and international performance opportunities.