The 18 candidates progressing to the 2nd round of the 2018 George Enescu International Cello Competition have today been announced – in Bucharest, Romania.
The 2018 2nd round cello candidates are:
- Anastasia Feruleva (Netherlands)
- Anouchka Hack (Germany)
- Antonin Musset (France)
- Atanas Krastev (Bulgaria)
- Constantin Borodin (Romania)
- Florian Pons (France)
- Giljae Lee (South Korea)
- Guillaume Wang (Australia)
- Haran Meltzer (Israel)
- Ileana Stefania Waldenmayer (Italy)
- IJohannes Gray (United States)
- Keisuke Morita (Japan)
- Laura Moinian (Germany)
- Marcel Johannes Kits (Estonia)
- Sandra Lied Haga (Norway)
- Shizuka Mitsui (Japan)
- Stanislas Kim (France)
- Yibai Chen (China)
Open to international cellists 32 years and younger, the 1st prize winner will receive 15,000 EUR (US $17,000) – plus a number of important international performance invitations.
The 2018 cello jury will comprise: David Geringas (President), Raphael Wallfisch, Leonid Gorokhov, Alexandra Guţu, Philippe Muller, Jian Wang, Tsuyoshi Tsutsumi, Myung-Wha Chung, Arto Noras and Marin Cazacu.
Previous 1st prize winners include: VC Young Artist Zlatomir Fung.