The public can vote on which production they would like to see in the Saturday Matinee Broadcast, here. The opera that receives the most votes will be broadcast on February 6, 2021.
The operas include:
- Wagner: Die Walküre (Feb 17, 1940)
- Puccini: Manon Lescaut (Dec 10, 1949)
- Massenet: Manon (Dec 18, 1954)
- Verdi: Un Ballo in Maschera (Dec 10, 1955)
- Donizetti: Lucia di Lammermoor (Dec 8, 1956)
- Wagner: Der Fliegende Holländer (Mar 5, 1960)
- Verdi: La Forza del Destino (Mar 12, 1960)
- Bellini: La Sonnambula (Mar 30, 1963)
- R. Strauss: Salome (Mar 13, 1965)
- Puccini: Madama Butterfly (Jan 1, 1966)
The Met's website reads, "We welcome you to listen to the complete broadcast for each opera on the list and tell us which is your personal favorite and why. We’d love to know what makes your chosen performance special to you, and what memories you may have of first hearing it — at the opera house or on the radio."