To be held virtually this month, the Sphinx Competition announced its 2021 Semi-finalists.
The 2021 Senior first prize winner will receive US $50,000 plus a number of prestigious solo engagements.
The Junior Division Semi-Finalists (17 years and under) are:
- Ian Barnett (Violin)
- Isabela Diaz (Violin)
- Gabriella Foster (Violin)
- Kearston Gonzales (Violin)
- Brandon Leonard (Cello)
- Jonathan Okseniuk (Violin)
- Amaryn Olmeda (Violin)
- Dillon P. Scott (Viola)
- George T.A. Wolfe-McGuire (Cello)
The Senior Division Semi-Finalists (18 to 30 years old) are:
- Paul Aguilar (Violin)
- Quenton Xavier Blache (Cello)
- Kebra-Seyoun Charles (Bass)
- Maïthéna Girault (Violin)
- Christian Gray (Bass)
- Luiz Fernando Venturelli (Cello)
- Mikel Rollet (Viola)
- Samuel Abraham Vargas Teixeira (Violin)
- Andres Vela (Bass)
The 2021 jury will comprise of Jennifer Arnold, Joel Krosnick, Tai Murray, Philippe Quint, Dmitry Sitkovetsky, Matthew Van Besien, and VC Artist Milena Pajaro-van de Stadt.
The Semi-Final round will be streamed live on The Violin Channel from 10am (EST) on Friday January 15th, 2021. You won't miss a beat.