The 12 Semi-Final candidates have today been announced for the 2019 7th Windsor Festival International String Competition – to be held in Windsor, England from the 26th to the 29th of March, 2019.
The 2019 Semi-Finalists are:
- 23 year old violinist, Julia Hwang from Britain/South Korea
- 21 year old violinist, Anna Do Gyung Im from South Korea
- 25 year old violinist, Gyehee Kim from South Korea
- 24 year old violinist, Mathilde Milwidsky from Britain
- 23 year old violinist, Strauss Shi from the United States
- 24 year old violinist, Alan Snow from Mexico/United States
- 24 year old violinist, Cristian Grajner de Sa from Britain
- 25 year old cellist, Jamal Aliyev from Turkey
- 25 year old cellist, Christoph Croisé from Switzerland
- 26 year old cellist, Anastasia Feruleva from the Netherland
- 25 year old cellist, Alexander Hersh from the United States
- 22 year old cellist, Jonathan Swensen from Denmark
Open to international violinists, violists and cellists aged 16-20, the 1st prize winner will receive £5,000, a fine contemporary bow, a CD recording on the Champs Hill Records label – and a number of important international performance opportunities.
The 2019 jury will comprise: Pierre Amoyal, Wolfram Christ, David Strange, Martin Denny, Alexander van Ingen and Hellen Sprott.
Previous 1st prize winners include: VC Young Artist Nathan Meltzer.