Semi-Finalists Announced at 2018 Melbourne International Chamber Music Competition
The 10 ensembles progressing to the Semi-Final stage of the 2018 Melbourne International Chamber Music Competition have been announced
The 10 ensembles progressing to the Semi-Final stage of the 2018 Melbourne International Chamber Music Competition have today been announced at the Australian National Academy of Music - in Melbourne, Australia.
The 2018 String Quartet Semi-Finalists are:
- Callisto Quartet (United States)
- Eliot Quartett (Austria/Russia/Germany)
- Gildas Quartet (United Kingdom)
- Goldmund Quartett (Germany)
- Idomeneo String Quartet (Belgium/Hungary/Spain)
The 2018 Piano Trio Semi-Finalists are:
- Amatis Piano Trio (Netherlands, Germany/United Kingdom)
- Clarendon Trio (Australia)
- Mosa Trio (Netherlands/Belgium)
- Trio Gaon (Germany/South Korea)
- Trio Marvin (Russia/Kazakhstan/Germany)
Open to international string quartets and piano trios, whose members are under the age of 35, the Grand Prize winning ensemble will receive AUD $30,000, a Musica Viva Australian recital tour - plus a number of significant career development opportunities.
The 2018 jury comprises: Sonia Simmenauer, Ian Munro, Simin Ganatra, Gerhard Schulz, Yura Lee, Alasdair Tait and Kyril Zlotnikov.
Previous prize winners include: The Noga Quartet, Giocoso String Quartet and the Linos Piano Trio.
PICTURED: 2018 MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER MUSIC COMPETITION SEMI-FINALISTS, GOLDMUND QUARTETT