Rubicon Classics has announced the release of Norwegian Baroque violinist Bjarte Eike’s imaginative and fun new disc ‘The Alehouse Sessions’.
Recorded at a live concert at The Village Studios, in Copenhagen, with the Barokksolistene chamber ensemble, ‘The Alehouse Sessions‘ has been described as an ‘ever-evolving look into the music of the English 17th Century taverns, alehouses and pubs.’
“We are trying to recreate the feeling and ambience that these old alehouses used to have … it was just a huge party,” Bjarte has told The Violin Channel.
“From the feedback we are getting, a lot of people can relate … the recording is a celebration of life, of showing that you are human,” he has said.
The Alehouse Sessions |CD|
Release Date: June 29, 2017
‘The Alehouse Sessions’ 2017 U.S. Tour:
- October 5 – Richardson Auditorium, Princeton University – Princeton, NJ
- October 6 – International House, The University of Chicago – Chicago, IL
- October 8 & 9 – Washington National Cathedral – Washington DC
- October 10 – World Cafe Live – Philadelphia, PA
- October 11 – SubCulture – New York, NY
- October 12 – The Schubert Club – Minneapolis, MN