Finalists Announced at Germany’s Kloster Schöntal Violin Competition
The category Finalists have been announced at the 2019 Kloster Schöntal International Violin Competition
The category Finalists have today been announced at the 2019 Kloster Schöntal International Violin Competition – in Schöntal, Germany.
The Junior Division (14 Years and Younger) Finalists are:
- Bianca Ciubancan (13, Romania/United States)
- Haymon Haffner (13, Germany)
- Riisa Nakahara (10, Japan)
- Dragos Rusanu (13, Romania)
- Leonard Toschev (13, Germany)
The Intermediate Division (15 to 17 Years Old) Finalists are:
- Katharina Auer (17, Austria)
- Daniil Bulayev (15, Latvia)
- Darwin Chang (16, Taiwan)
- Haewon Lim (15, South Korea)
- Katharina Strepp (16, Germany)
- Jingran Wang (17, China)
The Senior Division (18 to 20 Years Old) Finalists are:
- Robert Einenkel (19, Germany)
- Kejun Guo (20, China)
- Pauline Herold (20, Germany)
- Maxim Tzekov (18, Austria)
- Alexandra Weissbecker (18, Germany)
- Lisa Yasuda (19, Japan)
Open to violinists of any nationality aged 14-20, the Senior 1st prize winner will receive €3,000.
Previous major prize winners include: VC Artists InMo Yang, Sarah Christian, Yury Revich, Igor Pikayzen, Alexander Conunova, Nikita Boriso-Glebsky, Rennosuke Fukuda, Ziyu He and Ioana Christina Goicea.
The 2019 jury comprises: Petru Munteanu (President), Albena Danailova, Florian Leonhard, Svetlana Makarova, Zhou Qian, J.X. Schachtner, Takashi Shimizu, Elly Suh, Florin Parvulescu and Weidong Tong.