Semi-Finalists Announced for Lithuania's 2021 Heifetz Violin Competition
The final round of the competition will take place in May, 2021
The 2021 International Jascha Heifetz Competition for Violinists today announced its 17 semi-final candidates.
The semi-finalists are:
- Yoshie Okura (Japan)
- Mayu Ozeki (Japan)
- Pauline Van Der Rest (Belgium)
- Saulė Buikaitė (Lithuania)
- Leonard Toschev (Germany)
- Qingzhu Weng (China)
- Amia Janicki (Switzerland)
- Lorenz Karls (Sweden)
- Giuseppe Gibboni (Italy)
- Marija Pranskutė (Lithuania)
- Jevgēnijs Čepoveckis (Latvia)
- Manon Galy (France)
- Jackie Tso (United States)
- Eva Rabchevska (Ukraine)
- Jason Moon (United States)
- Javier Comesaña (Spain)
- Elvin Hoxha Ganiyev (Azerbaijan/Turkey)
Open to violinists of any nationality who is 26 years of age or under, the semi-final round will be held in Vilnius, Lithuania on the 2nd of February.
The first prize winner will receive €10,000.
The 2021 jury comprises Gidon Kremer, Isabelle Van Keulen, Sergej Krylov, Rūta Lipinaitytė, Svetlana Makarova, and Rusnė Mataitytė.
Previous major prize winners include: VC Young Artists Dmytro Udovychenko and Rennosuke Fukuda.
As the competition's official international broadcaster, all rounds will be streamed live on The Violin Channel. You won't miss a beat.