The 12 Semi-Finalists have been announced, just minutes ago at the Singapore International Violin Competition – including 4 VC ‘Young Artists’.
The 2015 Semi-Finalists are:
- VC ‘Young Artist’ Alexandra Conunova from Moldova
- VC ‘Young Artist’ Richard Lin from Taiwan
- VC ‘Young Artist’ Yu-Chien Benny Tseng from Taiwan
- VC ‘Young Artist’ Fedor Rudin from France
- Anna Lee from South Korea
- Sirena Huang from the United States
- Oleksandr Korniev from the Ukraine
- Jun Hong Loh from Singapore
- Chisa Kitagawa from Japan
- Petteri Iivonen from Finland
- Hyun Jae Lim from South Korea
- Ryota Kuratomi from Japan
For the Semi-Final round each candidate will present a Classical and Romantic/20th Century Violin & Piano Sonata, a virtuosic violin work and this year’s set commissioned work – ‘Kilo<byte>’ by Emily Koh.
6 candidates will progress to the Final & Grand Final Round – to be held from the evenings of the 18-21st January.
The 1st prize winner will receive an unprecedented US $50,000, a CD recording with the Naxos label, the 3 year loan of a fine instrument from the Mr & Mrs Rin Kei Mei collection and a number of significant international performance opportunities – including solo engagements with the London Philharmonic, Czech Philharmonic Orchestra and the West Australian Symphony Orchestra.
The Violin Channel, as the ‘Official Online Media Partner’ of the 2015 competition, will keep you abreast of the results as the rounds progress.
BACKSTAGE WITH AN EXUBERANT VC ‘YOUNG ARTIST’ ALEXANDRA CONUNOVA – FOLLOWING A MASTERFUL OPENING ROUND BACH, PAGANINI & KREISLER DISPLAY
A QUIETLY CONFIDENT VC ‘YOUNG ARTIST FEDOR RUDIN, FROM FRANCE – BACKSTAGE FOLLOWING A COMMANDING OPENING ROUND PERFORMANCE. CAN FEDOR CONTINUE ON HIS WINNING WAY?
ALL SMILES BACKSTAGE FOR 20 YEAR OLD VC ‘YOUNG ARTIST’ YU-CHIEN BENNY TSENG, FROM TAIWAN
BEAUTIFULLY ASSURED 1ST ROUND PROGRAMME FROM THIS YEAR’S YOUNGEST SEMI-FINALISTS – 19 YEAR OLD ANNA LEE, FROM THE UNITED STATES
ALL SMILES FOR 23 YEAR OLD VC ‘YOUNG ARTIST’ RICHARD LIN, FROM TAIWAN – AFTER A BEAUTIFULLY POLISHED OPENING ROUND DISPLAY OF POWER AND FINESSE