To help celebrate the international release of violist, VC Young Artist Matthew Lipman’s debut album Ascent, The Violin Channel is this week giving away 5 personally-autographed fresh-off-the-press CD copies – courtesy of Cedille Records.
Recorded with pianist Henry Kramer, the disc features York Bowen’s Phantasy, Schumann’s Märchenbilder and Garth Knox’s Fuga Libre – plus the world premiere recordings of Clarice Assad’s newly commission Metamorfose, Shostakovich’s recently discovered Impromptu for viola and piano – and a new viola arrangement of Franz Waxman’s virtuosic Carmen Fantasie.
“A few years ago, I really wanted to commission a new piece for viola and piano … at the time I was touring with a fantasy themed recital program, so when I approached composer Clarice Assad, I asked her to write something in that style …” Matthew has told The Violin Channel.
“Her gorgeous piece Metamorfose was the catalyst for this album … I titled it Ascent because many of the selections allude directly to flying, and because I love how fantasy pieces soar freely through characters and emotions,” he has said.
“I’m excited for listeners to hear several intriguing new pieces in tandem with some heavy-hitting favorites.”
Entries Close: Monday 25th February 2019.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The promoter is: Feed Media Pty Ltd Trading as The Violin Channel LLC
- Employees of The Violin Channel or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Closing date for entry will be 11.59pm 25th February 2019 (New York Time). After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- All incomplete entries will be disregarded and not eligible for entry.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random using randomisation software.
- The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by,or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.You are providing your information to The Violin Channel LLC and not to any other party.