The 5 Tarisio Auctions Trust Young Artist Grant recipients have today been announced.
This year’s bursary winners are:
- Eric Silberger – for the development of the online music lesson platform, Jukubox
- Haerim Elizabeth Lee – for her work with MoKo Musik and the promotion and commissioning of Korean music
- Lauren Latessa – to be used for the CommunityWorks Fellows Quartet’s residency at a senior living facility
- Mari Lee – for an interdisciplinary Schoenberg performance, lecture and online interview in Berlin
- Rebecca Hannigan & Paul Wargaski from The Luthier’s Workshop – to provide and maintain violins for schools and non-profit organisations.
Open to applicants aged between 18 to 35, the five US $3000 scholarships were awarded to support innovative stringed instrument projects – created and driven by young artists.
In total over 180 applications from the US, UK, Europe, Korea, Hong Kong and Cuba were received – with the adjudication made by violin virtuosi Leila Josefowicz, Nicolas Altstaedt and VC ‘Artist’ Ray Chen.